J.O. Kelly Middle School was built in 1995 and is named for the superintendent who served Springdale Schools from 1944-1963.
Here are some things that took place during his tenure:
1947 North Central Elementary built (with the first lunchroom) at current Pre-K site
1947 - 1949 State law passed requiring all schools be part of a district with a high school 22 schools bought into our system including: Steele, Spring Creek, Silent Grove, Tontitown, Brush Creek, Harmon, Zion, Accident, Hickory Creek, Sawyer, Fish Back, Sonora, Habberton, Oak Grove, Shady Grove, Bethel, Monitor, White Oak, Mt. Home
1951 Lee Elementary built
1959 Jones Elementary built
1959 Westwood Elementary built
1961 Major expansion of Springdale High School site, costing almost $900,000